Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Moon Musings

Tonight is officially the full moon. I took my girl dog Lola and my younger daughter down to the lake this evening to bask in Grandmother Moon's rays. It is a lovely moon tonight...powerful, but softly benevolent, wrapped in some gauzy clouds.

Today has bestowed some special blessings. A couple I am working with has discovered that the twins the birthing mother is carrying are NOT afflicted with a chromosomal problem it was thought might cause severe problems. This is SUCH a relief for this couple. It has been so hard to embrace their pregnancy with joy, as much as they have worked on staying present, grateful for this pregnancy. I am so happy for them. They are an unbelievably warm, loving couple whom I know are going to be exceptional mothers. Their home is woven with their honour and respect for each other...a beautiful environment in which to nurture a child.

I was also blessed today with the healing of a challenge in a relationship that is very important to me. There is such a wave of peace that surges in when the conflict and the feelings surrounding it are released, and the road is paved for an even stronger relationship. I feel like a ton of weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

I like to take the time of the Full Moon to count my blessings. I also think it is okay to be a little more personal in this blog at this time. I am grateful for my family...my sons and daughters, and my husband, as well as my mother, sisters, father, stepfather, and grandmother..the list goes on, you get the drift. I am grateful for dear friends, for my health, home, and abundance. I am grateful to be living my calling, and that I am humble enough to know there is always so much more room to learn and grow. I am grateful for the gifts that help me do my job to the best of my ability. I am grateful for the motivation to remember to be thankful to Grandmothers on the other side, whom I know give me guidance when I need.

I am grateful for you, too. Tonight, maybe light a candle and say some words of gratitude for what you have, no matter how hard things may be for you. As you blow out the candle, imagine those heartfelt thoughts going up up up to the moon, honouring Her for the pull she has on your own inner tides, whether you are aware of them or not.

Blessings to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment