Monday, November 23, 2009

musings from a very tired doula

Oh, so tired! What a busy week ahead...days packed with pre and post natals, and goodness knows when babies will come and all will have to be rescheduled. But this is the gift of doula work...I never know what the day will bring. Life is never boring.

I am full of gratitude this evening. I live in a world of women, but tonight I am grateful for the boys...a huge thank you to my web guys who make such far reaching communication possible. In my Great Great Grandmother Charlotte's day, midwives and fathers-to-be would knock on her high bedroom window with a broom handle in order to request her help at birthings. How far we have come! Charlotte, who could not read or write, would be blown away by this technology. I vow to use it for the greatest good. Much love to Mitchell and Daeman. I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment